Metallurgical furnaces generally refer to industrial furnaces for thermal processing of various materials or workpieces in the metallurgical production process. They are often divided into three categories: fuel furnaces, electric furnaces, and self-heating furnaces.
Thermal treatment is a treatment process that takes the temperature rise of materials or workpieces as an important feature, such as roasting, smelting, heating, heat treatment, and drying. Most of the production links of iron and steel metallurgy and non-ferrous metallurgy are inseparable from the furnace. In fact, the improvement of product output and quality is closely related to the reform of old metallurgical furnaces and the application of new metallurgical furnaces. The energy consumption of the metallurgical industry depends to a large extent on the energy consumption of various metallurgical furnaces.
How to reduce the energy consumption of metallurgical furnaces is what customers want. The main energy saving depends on the insulation effect of the furnace body. The better the effect, the less energy consumption, which indirectly reduces the cost of investment. Therefore, the selection of refractory insulation materials for the furnace body Is the key.
1. Zirconium-containing ceramic fiber modules are mostly used for pyrometallurgical furnaces, and its advantages are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
(1) The ceramic fiber module is a lightweight refractory material among the refractory materials with low density, which is of great significance for alleviating the pressure of the furnace body and extending the life of the furnace body.
(2) The ceramic fiber module adopts the pre-compression mode. After the module is installed, the packing belt is removed. While the insulation layer will be squeezed in different directions, it can resist mechanical external force and make up for the deformation of the furnace shell, making the insulation layer compact. The whole of the gap.
(3) Low thermal conductivity is the basic attribute of ceramic fiber materials. Its ability to resist thermal shock makes the furnace wall a near insulator, minimizing heat loss and reducing fuel consumption.
(4) There are various anchoring forms, and the various forms on the back of the folding module provide more possibilities for the application of various furnace conditions.
(5) The ceramic fiber module lining can be put into use after installation, eliminating the need for a long oven and maintenance process!
2. Discussion on the construction method of the zirconium-containing ceramic fiber module lining for the pyrometallurgical furnace:
(1) For the backing layer of the zirconium-containing ceramic fiber module cotton composite lining for pyrometallurgical furnaces, during the construction process, it should be uniformly pressed to the required density and thickness according to the design requirements, and the flat layer exceeds When there are two layers, the joints of the backing material between the layers should be staggered, and the staggered distance should not be less than 100mm;
(2) The anchoring agent should be determined by the module structure and its size. During the welding process of the anchor nail, the perpendicularity deviation is required to be less than 3mm, and the size deviation generated during the welding process should be reflected in the last row of modules;
(3) If the connection between the zirconium-containing ceramic fiber module cotton block and brick masonry or other refractory lining for pyrometallurgical furnaces is in the non-folding direction of the folding module, the expansion of the straight seam due to the shrinkage of the refractory product must be considered , The fiber blanket should be folded in half and squeezed into the straight-through seam to prevent the increase of heat loss and the damage of the steel structure;
(4) For ceramic fiber composite furnace lining, for the battalion arrangement, the fiber shrinkage joints between different rows must be compressed and squeezed in half with the corresponding fiber blanket to compensate for the shrinkage. When this structure is used on the furnace roof, it must be fixed with heat-resistant alloy “U-shaped nails”.
3. Arrangement of zirconium-containing ceramic fiber modules for pyrometallurgical furnaces.
Conventional installation methods can be divided into “parquet floor type” and “barrel type”. Among them, the “parquet floor type” is a more traditional arrangement and installation method. Due to the folding and the curved surface, a hole is inevitably generated at the center of the intersection of the four adjacent zirconium-containing ceramic fiber modules for pyrometallurgical furnaces. The previous remedy for this hole is to use an adhesive Mixing refractory fiber cotton can be used for stuffing. As a result, the fiber cotton in this part will fall off during the use of the furnace lining, and the heat will burn through the holes to burn the steel plate or cause a large amount of heat to be lost. Therefore, the installation of zirconium-containing ceramic fiber module cotton blocks for pyrometallurgical furnaces is recommended to adopt the “army type”.