Ceramic fibers can be divided into non oxide fibers and oxide fibers. Oxide fibers are commonly used. Oxide fiber can be divided into aluminum silicate fiber, quartz fiber, mullite fiber and alumina fiber. Ceramic fiber is widely used in some aviation, engineering and other fields. What are the characteristics of oxide ceramic fiber with wide application? What are the specific uses of different oxide ceramic fibers? The following is the summary made by Xiaobian for you. I hope it can be helpful to you.
1、 Characteristics of oxide ceramic fiber
1. Characteristics of aluminum silicate fiber
(1) Composition characteristics. The shape and color of aluminum silicate fiber are similar to cotton. It is an amorphous ceramic fiber, which is mainly composed of alumina and silica, and sometimes contains a small amount of iron oxide, titanium dioxide, calcium oxide and other substances.
(2) Performance characteristics. Aluminum silicate fiber diameter 1-10 μ m. The length is 5-25cm, with good temperature resistance, heat insulation and sound absorption, small heat storage, low thermal conductivity and strong resistance to mechanical vibration. The service temperature can reach 1200 ℃.
2. Characteristics of quartz fiber
(1) Composition characteristics. The content of quartz fiber is less than 0.1%, and the fiber diameter is 0.7-15 μ M high purity special silica glass fiber. Quartz fiber is divided into continuous quartz glass fiber and quartz glass wool. Continuous quartz glass fiber refers to the long fiber drawn by external force after quartz glass is melted. Quartz glass wool refers to a kind of quartz glass fiber with uneven length obtained by spraying quartz glass melt with high-pressure air flow. Its shape is fluffy and similar to cotton wool.
(2) Performance characteristics. Quartz fiber has high heat resistance. The long-term stable service temperature is 1050 ℃, and the instantaneous temperature resistance is as high as 1700 ℃. In addition, quartz fiber has corrosion resistance, high strength retention at high temperature, dimensional stability, good thermal shock resistance, high chemical stability, and electrical insulation.
3. Characteristics of mullite fiber
(1) Composition characteristics. Mullite is a binary compound in the binary system of silica and alumina, which can exist stably at room temperature and pressure. The chemical formula is 3Al2O3 · 2SiO2. Mullite fiber is a fiber with polycrystalline structure, and the main crystalline phase is mullite microcrystalline.
(2) Performance characteristics. Mullite fiber expands evenly when heated, has excellent thermal shock stability, low thermal conductivity, is not easy to creep at high temperature, can not only maintain good elasticity, but also has small shrinkage, and the material itself has good chemical stability and is not easy to be corroded. Therefore, it is a new ultra light high temperature heat-resistant fiber material.
4. Characteristics of alumina fiber
(1) Composition characteristics. Mullite fiber expands uniformly when heated, has excellent thermal shock stability, low thermal conductivity, is not easy to creep at high temperature, not only can it maintain good elasticity, but also has small shrinkage, and the material itself has good chemical stability and is not easy to be corroded,
(2) Performance characteristics. Mullite fiber expands evenly when heated, has excellent thermal shock stability, low thermal conductivity, is not easy to creep at high temperature, can not only maintain good elasticity, but also have small shrinkage, and the material itself has good chemical stability and is not easy to be corroded.
2、 Application of oxide ceramic fiber
1. Application of aluminum silicate fiber. Aluminum silicate fiber composite can be made into blanket, felt, paper, board and other shapes. At present, it has been widely used in the thermal insulation of chemical, mechanical and other thermal equipment and the thermal insulation layer of rocket engine components.
2. Use of quartz fiber. The dielectric constant and dielectric loss coefficient of quartz fiber are comparable among all mineral fibers, and the manufacturing cost is much lower than that of silicon carbide fiber. Therefore, quartz fiber has important applications in national defense, military and aerospace industry. It can be used to manufacture aerospace thermal protection systems. In addition, quartz glass fiber in quartz fiber can also be woven into quartz glass fiber yarn, cloth, etc.
3. Mullite fiber uses. As a new ultra light high temperature heat-resistant fiber material, it is widely used in various high-temperature products and thermal protection systems because of its good shrinkage, stable chemical properties and not easy to be corroded.
4. Application of alumina fiber. Short alumina fibers are mainly used for high-temperature thermal insulation materials, while long fibers can be used for reinforced composites. In addition, alumina fibers have important strategic significance and great commercial value in military industry, aerospace and aviation.
For more details or questions, please call the company’s hotline + 0531 85800088 or through the online customer service website, or leave your contact information. We have technicians to solve the problems related to high temperature materials for you at any time.
Shandong redon high temperature materials Co., Ltd. has domestic high-end production equipment and reliable production technology, with an annual output of 1050 ceramic fiber series products, 1260 ceramic fiber series products, 1400 ceramic fiber series products and 1600 polycrystalline series products of more than 10000 tons. There are more than 30 kinds of products in different forms, such as cotton, blanket, felt, board, paper, various textiles, profiled products, modules, folding blocks, castables, spraying and so on, which can meet the heat insulation requirements of different situations in the high temperature field. Welcome to click the online service at the bottom right of the website or submit an online inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible.