Many people are worried about the chemical instability of ceramic fiber blanket, so they dare not buy and use it. But in fact, the chemical property of the product is relatively stable and has good acid-base corrosion resistance, so we don’t have to worry. However, some substances are not applicable to the product, such as:
1. Fluorine and fluoride: fluorine is the most corrosive to refractory fiber. It reacts with all aluminum silicate materials, including mullite fiber.
2. Vanadium and other heavy metals: vanadium and other heavy metals in inferior fuel oil will produce V2O5 when burning. It will melt into liquid at about 690 degrees and adsorb on the pores of the fiber. It will form a hard shell on the surface of the fiber lining and corrode layer by layer after falling off.
3. Sulfur and sulfuric acid: Although sulfuric acid will not react with ceramic fibers, it will seriously corrode metal anchors. In some cases, it will even “dissolve” anchors and furnace shells.
4. Alkali metal: long time application in alkaline environment will lead to shrinkage and damage of fiber lining, and the surface layer will continue to corrode the bottom layer after falling off.
5. Phosphoric acid: some experiments show that ceramic fiber blanket will shrink obviously when it is applied to the environment above 540 degrees for a long time.
Therefore, the chemical properties of ceramic fiber blanket itself are good, but we must pay more attention to the above aspects when using. Try not to use the product in contact with these substances to avoid bad changes affecting the performance of the product.
For more details or questions, please call the company’s hotline + 0531 85800088 or through the online customer service website, or leave your contact information. We have technicians to solve the problems related to high temperature materials for you at any time.
Shandong redon high temperature materials Co., Ltd. has domestic high-end production equipment and reliable production technology, with an annual output of 1050 ceramic fiber series products, 1260 ceramic fiber series products, 1400 ceramic fiber series products and 1600 polycrystalline series products of more than 10000 tons. There are more than 30 kinds of products in different forms, such as cotton, blanket, felt, board, paper, various textiles, profiled products, modules, folding blocks, castables, spraying and so on, which can meet the heat insulation requirements of different situations in the high temperature field. Welcome to click the online service at the bottom right of the website or submit an online inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible.